Roundware is a flexible, distributed framework which collects, stores, organizes and re-presents audio content. Basically, it lets you collect audio from anyone with a smartphone or web access, upload it to a central repository along with its metadata and then filter it and play it back collectively in continuous audio streams.
With Roundware, you can:
- collect audio from participants via iOS, Android and web-based devices
- tag collected audio with location information as well as any additional project-based metadata such as age, gender or occupation
- create a seamless location-sensitive layer of audio comprised of musical elements and participant commentary in any geographic space
- organize an ever-growing collection of participant contributed audio information
- serve individualized audio streams to users in a flexible non-linear way based on participant inputs